I think I just found the recipe for the best banana bread in my books! Definitely will be my go-to banana bread recipe in future! So versatile and easy to create new flavours out of this basic recipe too :D
It was moist, flavourful, and best of all… HEALTHY.
It’s supposed to be a PALEO recipe, but I had no nut butters on hand except peanut, which is not paleo haha.
I love the crumb of this bread.
So reluctant to share this recipe haha. But since I found it on the Internet, and it would be freely available somewhere else anyway… so here it is! There are several ways to substitute ingredients in this recipe (e.g., using different nut butters or sunflower butter instead of PB, using other flours instead of coconut). But here’s my version:
- 400g bananas, mashed (I used 5; they can be yellow bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (can sub other nut butters for paleo option)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 75g coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Peanut butter chips! (just like chocolate chips, but peanut butter :D)
- Preheat your oven to 175C.
- Blend bananas, eggs, PB, and coconut oil in blender until mixed well (yes, you can use a blender!).
- In a separate bowl, add in coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, salt and mix well.
- Add blended mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix till smooth.
- Pour batter in a well-greased loaf pan and spread it evenly
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve.